Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review of a paper by Gebhard Boeckle and the group S_(q)

So this post is a bit of an experiment. My friends at Math Reviews recently sent me a really interesting Math. Z. paper by Gebhard Boeckle. I spent some time reviewing it and found it contained very interesting results and calculations that pointed, yet again, to some possible underlying action of the group $S_{(q)}$ that I have discussed in other posts here. If you combine it with the new results of Rudy Perkins in http://arxiv.org/abs/1402.4000, the situation becomes even more intriguing....

The review at Math Reviews has number MR3127039.  Here is the link: http://www.ams.org/mathscinet-getitem?mr=3127039

With the concurrence of MR, and with my sincere gratitude, I am posting the review below; if you find it too small, you can simply increase the size of the font (by something like 'command +'). (I should also say that I converted the original pdf to jpegs which could then be uploaded to Blogger...)






No comments: